Thursday, August 16, 2007

Subprime woes

The recent subprime problems in the US has hit its toll in the Philippine market as well. The PSEi has been down too big, too fast, which is creating panic out of our investors.

Inquirer's Money Smarts explained this subprime issue quite clearly. Now I finally have an idea why this "subprime" terminology has caused so much pain to us investors, especially to small investors like me.

Currently, I'm stuck with a big purchase I recently made, before the whole subprime issue came into the picture. I wasn't able to cut loss at an earlier time, thus, the value of my portfolio has continually slipped for the past week. Since I'm already in a major negative position, I've decided to ride through this outrageous and volatile market, and look at this whole investment as a long term ordeal. After all, I still believe in the fundamentals of this company I've invested in. I'm still looking at a very good market run for the next few years. In case market continues to drop, or market recovery is very slow, I'd just wait it out. Good thing that what I've invested is pretty much extra extra money I have, which I won't be needing anytime soon (hopefully).

Good luck to us all!

2 comments:

vyki said...

i heard US market is going up so stay positive ^^

bev said...

yep, long term outlook is still positive naman. :)