Thursday, June 11, 2009

More excercise

Last Saturday my friend convinced me to go jog in the morning from Telus Science World area, to Granville Island. Originally she had planned a Sunday morning 17km run! Geeze, of course I had to backout. 17km?? My legs will fall off if I'd run that. So to compromise, she mapped out a new route for us to take. This route is actually a very nice area to jog around. You're actually jogging beside a lake/creek/river or whatever that body of water is. It's very nice, plus a lot of other joggers and bikers are there as well.

So we originally planned to do around 3km jog to Granville Island, and back. So that's around 6km in total. But by the time we reached Granville, we decided to run more so we ended up near Kitsilano Beach area, which is also a very nice place. So all in all, we ran around 10km (ok, I did run-walk combo! hehe). But I was dead tired afterwards. My legs were killing me.

But it's good though.

In fact, this morning I did another 5km run from my place to Queen Elizabeth Park. Beautiful. I love how you can just do about your stuff here. Clean place, nice run paths, and very environmental feel to this city as you see sooo much green here.

My next task is friday night, my first 5km marathon. Well, my friends are going for the 10km. I will only do the 5km. :)

No comments: