Monday, May 24, 2010

2 more weeks left

2 more weeks left before I come back home! Couldn't be more excited, but also feeling sad at the same time. Dramatic as it sounds, but I've come to love this place I've lived for the past 4 months. I loved how I took the step of finding a place to live, and enjoying my own room, for the first time my whole life (I've shared rooms with my sister before, and I slept in a sofa bed for my past two years when I was here in Canada).

I think it's been an awesome experience. I've packed my bags myself. I've learned to take care of myself more, and at the same time I've realized that trying out something new isn't as scary as I thought it would be. In fact, it paid off - the family I live with is amazing. I have no regrets at all. Even if I did pay more for living expenses this time around, I did however feel much more "free" and at ease. Nothing beats that. I have a queen size bed, huge closet, which by the way, I would really like to have when I get a place of my own.

Last night, my friend and I packed up our balikbayan box. We had too much stuff here so we decided to get a door to door box and get most of our stuff shipped over (it'll take 4-6 weeks though). Of course, the stuff I'm giving to my family, I'm leaving in my luggage, the rest go to the box!

I just can't wait. two more weeks. Time sure flies by so far. And now that the time to leave is coming soon, I feel that time is moving even faster! Cannot wait to be home, but however, not looking forward to the searing Heat in Manila!

See you soon!

1 comment:

ledabrigino said...

"Even if I did pay more for living expenses this time around, I did however feel much more "free" and at ease." --sobrang agree! me, sobrang baba nas-save ko compared to when i was still dependent. but there's a lot more sense of fulfillment now, just by taking care of myself, by paying own bills, etc. somehow I'm investing on something (preparedness, maturity? lol) so it's all worth it, diba :)