Monday, February 21, 2011

Housewarming @ Mae's

Our spur of the moment housewarming at Mae's new spanking crib last Wednesday brought a lot of nice thoughts to me. We've definitely gone a long long way since our college days.

Everyone's growing up. When I compare how things were 6 years ago, as compared to how things are right now, everything's different. Here's a gist. Mae has a condo unit already, bought a couple of years back and recently furnished (and paid a hefty sum to get it all fixed up). Leda and Sally, both living independently now, renting out a place in Makati and Buendia respectively. For Vicky - nagdadalaga na... yiheee... Marcy, well, she's richer I suppose :) And as for me, I don't know what's new with me, a bit wiser I suppose. Now I'm envious, I want a place of my own too!!!

And what you know what else I noticed? That everyone just seems to be in this happy state of mind these days. Which is definitely good. I think after all that we've been through, if we haven't learned anything yet from those experiences, then I don't know what'll happen to us.

In fact, Mae and I had this impromptu lakad last night when we met up at around 7pm to pick up our IPOD touch from Rhys in Abad Santos. That was supposed to be it, just pick up the IPODs but then while we were in the car, we decided... hmm why not go straight to Trinoma and buy ourselves new casings for the new toy? And so off we did. Then had a quick dinner as well at Chowking. Then went home! It was really a nice way of talking and sharing different thoughts. Sabi nga namin ni Mae, we never did this before. Ngayon, we pretty much do what we want! Or perhaps because these days, we have the resources to do these things that we want!

I love it. Slowly but surely, we're getting and reaching our goals. Good vibes attracts good things. I'm pretty sure that all my friends will definitely have a successful future ahead!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward for more time with you and the ST girls! :)

And yes, I agree. We're all growing and I'm glad we're all in the right direction. I'm glad that all of us are doing good and I'm hoping that will stay like that or better as we grow old. Nakakatuwa din pinagsamahan nating lahat. It's nice looking back and see how we are today. Thank you Bev for everything!

For a brighter and happy days ahead! :)

vyki said...

Amen! :)

ledabrigino said...

"Now I'm envious, I want a place of my own too!!!" --go forest estates na! wohoo! hahaha!

I agree, we're all grown ups now, dati movie/kain nga lang sa labas option natin, now we also have cooking, quiz night, joy ride, etc (yun pala, you got your own car na, kami lahat wala pa. haha!)

hannnep, new ipod touch pala ha... time to play cut the rope ulit. haha!

bev said...

@Leda - Na addict na ako sa amateur surgeon! Hindi na cut the rope!