Sunday, January 15, 2012

World Vision Philippines

World Vision Philippines is an organization that assists in child and family development across the Philippines. As individuals, we can help this advocacy by being sponsors to young kids who need our help.

Instead of buying a Mocha Frappuccino, how about setting aside that money to sponsor a kid? It’s only 7,200 per year, and you get to help a young one have a better future.

The nice thing about World Vision is that they provide you with regular updates about your child. In fact, Aira, who I’ve been sponsoring for a few years now, even writes letters to me, sends picture to me and I’m updated with her grades in school!

I am writing this because I want to encourage everyone to join this advocacy program. Let’s share our blessing to those who need it the most.

As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God's varied grace

1 Peter 4:10

2 comments:

Mae said...

I agree! I'm sponsoring two.. hehe.. one girl and one boy.. may sulat sila sa akin.. nakakatuwa :)

bev said...

@Mae - that's very nice to know! sharing the blessings! Keep it up!