Saturday, November 24, 2007

Chase and Bev's Jamaican Patties

Ever since I got to taste Jamaican Patties a year and a half ago, during our company's quarterly general assembly, this food's become one of my favorite snacks since. And since I loved it so much, I got one for Chase to try out as well. Not surprisingly, he loved it as well!

Ever since, we'd buy ourselves Jamaican Patties every now and then. One day, for no apparent reason, we just asked ourselves, "why not try making one of these?"

After a couple of weeks, we decided to do it this weekend and we the plan finally pushed through! We went to the grocery this morning, shopped for our ingredients, and started making them around 3 pm, with the help of my mom. It's a pretty simple recipe. The dough's the tricky part though. The rest consists process consists simply of mixing the ingredients, and simmer.

And finally, our finish product!

Chase and Bev's Jamaican Patties

It wasn't the best, but I think it was clearly a first attempt success for us! We got the filling right, but the dough wasn't right. I think it'll be nice to try creating one again some time soon.

No comments: