Wednesday, April 20, 2011

random thoughts

Gym

I've been religiously going to the gym for the past two weeks. In fact, last week, I even went to the gym 4 times! MWF + Saturday. Been feeling really great again. I can personally attest to the fact that going to the gym really makes one feel better, mentally, physically, and perhaps, even emotionally!

Vacation

On another note, amidst all the busyness and stress from work, I've decided to shift my worry concerns into something more "exciting". My Atlantic and Maritimes road trip happening next week!

I have to fly off first to east coast, to Toronto this coming Saturday. And then by Sunday, we're off to who knows where ( my aunts are preparing and planning the itinerary ). All I know so far is that, we're going on week long road trip passing through Quebec City, Prince Edward Island, New Brunswick, Halifax, St. John's. I cannot wait!! Initially I just wanted to see Quebec City as I envisioned it to have architecture similar to that of Europe. But I didn't expect that we would go all the way towards the east. So aside from Quebec City, I'm really looking forward to Prince Edward Island... a.k.a. PEI.

I remember PEI because when I was watching either Discovery or History Channel, it featured a documentary about how the Confederation Bridge was constructed. It's perhaps one of the longest brige ever to have been built. From the website:
The Confederation Bridge joins the eastern Canadian provinces of Prince Edward Island and New Brunswick, making travel throughout the Maritimes easy and convenient. The curved, 12.9 kilometre (8 mile) long bridge is the longest in the world crossing ice-covered water, and a decade after its construction, it endures as one of Canada’s top engineering achievements of the 20th century.

I'm going back to Vancouver May 2, instead of May 1. If I ended up getting the Sunday ticket instead of Monday, there would've been around 100-200 dollar difference. So I decided to go with the cheaper of the two, but will have to work remotely from Toronto on Monday.

5 comments:

ledabrigino said...

so pinayagan leave mo? yay, vacation! :) buti ka pa, this holy week bahay lang ako (the best season in Manila! haha)

bev said...

yep pinayagan ako! excited na ako!

Elaine said...

wow! happy for you bev! ...go! explore the world ;)

ledabrigino said...

good for u! :) enjoy!!! pasalubong! haha!

sally said...

hehehe kahit di ako naggym, in terms of running, ganun din feeling ko.parang gaan after kahit masakit ang katawan hehehe :D enjoy ur vacay!