Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Few Updates

Flight

I took home a few items from my Cathay flight from Hong Kong to Vancouver. The strawberry jam was part of the brunch while the small box – that’s actually chocolate from my dinner there.


CathayGoodies

Cathay had a pretty good menu (might be because I booked then Premium Economy). Not only were the utensils silverware, but my dinner menu had an option for Australian Prime Beef with Haagen Dazs as dessert! The overall experience was not too bad. Apart from the menu, the main difference I noticed from the premium economy as compared to economy was the leg space. The space disparity is very much noticeable.

SIN

I went to Canada Services to have my SIN # (Social Identification Number). It wasn’t very far so I decided to just walk. It was a 20 minute walk one way, so all in all, took 40 minutes back and forth. The problem was though it was sunny outside, but it was so windy! Sumakit ulo ko pag uwi.

I was only asked to wait for about an hour before I was called. I was there at around 11 AM, and was out around 12 noon. The person who assisted me was very friendly too. How I wish we have a similar system like this in Manila. Everyone won’t be grumpy anymore when it comes to government services.

Cooking

I was tasked by my aunt to cook dinner for us today. I did all the chopping and preps, I just don’t know if I did it right, but hopefully I did. The food’s currently sitting in the cooking pot for about 30 minutes now. I think I started it up a little early because it’s only 4:30 PM and the food’s almost done. haha. I was afraid it would take an hour or so to prepare it, apparently not. It smells good though!! I think it’ll be another 20 minutes. I put in salt and pepper too, I just don’t know if seasoned it right, we’ll know later. 

 20130429-Cook-Recipe 20130429-Cook-Pot1

2 comments:

Leda said...

Wow ang sosy ng cathay meals! :) so... (d m ata nashare) what exactly did u cook? :p

bev said...

Chicken breast with veggies, unfortunately, I overcooked it... a.k.a., the bottom part nasunog. Hehe Eatable pa naman yung the rest, the veggies were just too soft na kasi ang tagal niyang naluto. Try ulit next time :) Kaya hindi ko na ni picture-an. LOL