Monday, June 17, 2013

yummy!

 20130616_114511

Doesn’t this look yummy?

Don’t be fooled though. I only cooked the chicken, the mexican rice is actually one flavor of Sidekicks, a.k.a. easy to cook meals. :)

But last weekend, I did prepare, with the help of my Aunt – my amah’s amazing, yummy, delicious siopao! I still need to work on properly closing the buns. If you don’t close it properly, there’s a tendency that the sauce from the inside will ooze out – as we call it… “sinipon”. You’ll actually see a lot of the siopao in the pictures below that were not closed properly.

Photo 2013-06-09 12 07 29 PMPhoto 2013-06-09 11 46 31 AM

On another note, I’ve also been into making healthy fruity smoothies lately. It’s very simple to make – grab some fruits, chop it, blend it with crushed ice. Healthy and yummy! I bought a ton of mango and grapes (my favorite!!!) and instead of just eating them all the time, I just decided to make smoothies out of them as well.

The one of the left is the grape. This is my favorite so far – but I still can’t mimic the grape shake that I love from Pancake House.

The one on the right is the Mango shake. I’ve also mixed mango with banana or apple. I find the mango-banana combo much better than the mango-apple.

Photo 2013-06-14 11 43 50 AM Photo 2013-06-15 12 42 22 PM

One thing that I find nice with my new life here in Canada is that I feel like I have more time to do things. Maybe it’s because of the lifestyle here. Kahit walang katulong, I get to do more things. Or maybe since we do everything here on our own, I’ve become less lazy.

But I’ve been thinking about it more, and I really think one of main reasons is that I have more energy to move because I’ve been sleeping pretty well here, given the “regular” work hours now and the relaxed commute. Not only that, I do get more exercise these days which gives me that extra energy boost. So even though I find myself getting sad (missing family and friends back home) every now and then, I still find the positive side of things – that I can wake up each morning to a nice place, to a great job, and to a wonderful family and friends who I am still in contact with regularly (thanks Whatsapp! and gtalk and skype).

2 comments:

Leda said...

i can relate with "being less lazy". I guess it comes with independence (regardless of country. haha) -- i was like that when i moved out of the house... no more helpers, no more parents, no more anything, but just MYSELF. that thought will give u extra initiative to do things you don't usually do at home... because you know that NO ONE ELSE will do it. and that if you don't move (to clean, or to cook for example), alam mong walang mangyayari sayo. haha!

anyway, how was your siopao? RECIPE NAMAN DYAN! :)

bev said...

@Leda - check your email!
Siopao - yummy siyempre.