Saturday, September 13, 2008

Dinner at Stone Grill

These pictures aren't the best of quality as I only used my cellphone camera.

Anyway...

My aunt and I had dinner last September 11, 2008 @ Stonegrill restaurant. Stonegrill is an upscale restaurant near downtown Vancouver and boasts a different type of dining experience. The idea is, you eat your food while it is cooking over a 400 deg. heated slab of stone. The stone's heat lasts for about an hour.

New Your Steak and Prawns
My order - New York steak and prawns.

Halibut
My aunt's order - Halibut

Like for me, I ordered the New York steak with Prawns and when it was served to me, everything was raw. What I really loved is that you have the freedom to eat it how you want it. Let's say, I cut out a strip from my steak and cook it as medium rare, and then try another one and cook it well done.

New York Steak and Prawns
Here's another look after I turned the steak over. See that the other side is cooked already. As for the prawns, they've turned orange already.

For me, it's the whole dining experience that makes it unique. Plus, our table was seated with a grand view of the harbor and Granville Bridge (or was it the Burrard Bridge?).
Sunset view from my seat

Price for each entree is pretty steep. Thank goodness my aunt was there. It was her treat for me anyway! :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Back to the stone age!
What if you don't know how you like your food? Will they "cook" them for you?

bev said...

That I don't know. But it'll cook itself eventually anyway!

Anonymous said...

wow.. parang ang sarap!