Monday, September 8, 2008

The weather factor

The weather here these days is pretty sunny. But two weeks back, it was really gloomy and rainy. They said that here in Vancouver, it rains a lot. And now that Fall season is coming, we'll be experiencing a lot more of those gloomy days. When I got here last June, the sun sets at around 9pm. And these days, the sun sets around 6 or 7 already.

Still, with the days getting shorter, and the sky getting gloomier, one can't help but feel really sad. They say that here in Canada, they experience the rainy/gloomy days around 7 months of the year. And with this type of weather, it's just so depressing. No wonder people here get depressed easily. Weather is definitely a factor.

For instance, a couple of weeks back, it was raining, and in the morning, the sky was dark and I felt... really sad. For some reason. Although I cannot compare myself to those who already live here, but I really missed my family all of a sudden. It was depressing so to speak.

Compare it to the Philippines, where it's always sunny, you don't feel sad unless you're really sad due to some circumstances.

Of course, I cannot compare it directly since I'm here, my family is back home. It's a different scenario. What if I actually live here? Would I still encounter that sudden depressing feeling when I face one of those rainy days? Will weather still be a factor when it comes to how one's feeling? I think it still is.

Or maybe, it's just the homesickness creeping in once in a while.

No comments: