Thursday, September 9, 2010

New Things...

"There is something terribly morbid in the modern sympathy with pain. One should sympathise with the colour, the beauty, the joy of life. The less said about life's sores the better. "
- Oscar Wilde

Comedy Cartel at Aruba

My friend Kat invited us to watch Comedy Cartel at Aruba Bar in Metrowalk last Thursday night. One of the stand up comics is her friend so she wanted to support him. It's a different brand of comedy. It's not like the ones you see in Punchline or Laughline (spell check) where the brand of comedy is basically insulting other people. This is more in line with stand up comics you may have seen in the Last Comic Standing show. It was actually interesting, but also painful to watch. The show is as follows: they have a list of comics that goes one after the other. I am guessing the first few are the not so popular ones yet. Take for instance the first guy, literally no one was laughing. It was so painful to watch him on stage trying to make people laugh. Eventually, the show picked up. I can't remember how many they were though. I think it ran for an hour and a half.

We didn't go at once after the comics were finished. We stayed up until 1:30 am there... listening to accoustic music! Parang nag jajamming na lang mga tao doon. The main guy - Lei is really good with his guitar. We even requested a couple of songs and even met the guy!



I'm not used to going to doing this thing at nights. I'm a homebody person so it took a lot of effort from my end to really go to this event and you know what? It was worth it (aside from my City getting scratched while parking there!). Not only did I end up listening to good comedy and awesome music, but I actually got to see an very old friend too and hang out with the girls! Romana - I cant' believe we haven't seen each other since who knows when!

Badminton

I always had an excuse not to play.

"I'm too tired"
"I have work later"
"I'd rather sleep"
"I'm not good at that anymore"


You name it... all possible excuses. But finally, my parents were able to drag me off the bed and got me to play. I told them I would only play one or two games because I still have work the following morning (4am) but lo and behold, I ended up playing 4 games, and staying there 'till around 11:30 pm! In fact, aside from my gym, which has slowly been getting less attention from me, I think I'm about to engage more into other sports from now on. I was thinking of making this a regular Friday night activity for me.

Quiz Nights #7 or 8 at Murphy's

After skipping a week from our weekly quiz nights affair, the gang and I came prepared this time around! Or at least Marcy did. I still can't believe she answered Congo River and Tanzania right. How in the world would you know those things? My brother's team went as well and being newbies there, they actually did pretty good.

Our score was pretty decent this time around 62 (yehey first time in the line of 6) and they got 74! They would've gotten something better had they chosen the right category to jokerize. I still can't believe one of the logos we missed was Pizza Hut! Argh

Papa's Surprise Birthday Bash

On another note, my dad is celebrating his 60th (Yes! Senior na! May discounts na!) his birthday September 10, 2010. And as a surprise for him, we have cooked up a pretty nice surprise party for him this coming Sunday. He doesn't know it yet, but we are throwing him a surprise lunch this coming Sunday at Saisaki! Eat all you can siyempre. We've invited a total of around 40 guests all in all. He still doesn't know it. He thinks we're going to have lunch with my brother in law, who's celebrating his birthday on the 12th. We have some videos prepared for him as well. I'm looking forward to Sunday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy birthday sa Dad mo :)

and to us: congrats for being top 8 with 62 score. :) medyo lie low muna ako sa quiz nights.. balik ako next time. busy busy pa kasi :) Go Team Leda!

about badminton, yup, masaya talagang magbadminton. ituloy mo lang yan :)

ledabrigino said...

haha, i guess i'll still prefer the usual comedy bars.. kahit nakakainsulto, sbrang laftrip pa rin, just bring extra EQ when u go to those places. ahaha!

ledabrigino said...

and yep (on quiz night), congrats to us!!! iniisip ko baka sinwerte lang tayo kase maraming bagong team, pero ndi rin... line of 6 yun e, mataas talaga yun! haha laftrip sa congo river na yan! =)