Monday, February 1, 2010

paying more for space

For the past two years I've gone to Canada, and for a couple of months for each year, I stayed at my grandparent and aunt's place. It has really helped me save a lot more of my per diem because I only gave minimal amount of monthly "fees". For example, compared if I were to rent out or do a homestay, I would probably spend roughly around 750$ per month, while I only spend 300$ when I stay with them. Not to mention the fact that they provide me with pretty much everything (including doing my laundry! hehe).

However, for this third time I'm going, I've been thinking a lot about renting out. You see, one of the main reasons why I'd like to opt to rent outside is because I don't have much privacy at their place. You see, it's a small place, fit for the 3 of them, but not enough room for a +1 (me!). I only stay in the living room, and the thing is, since the place is a condo/apartment, my grandparents, wake up early, and so I have to wake up early too. I guess my main concern was the lack of privacy and space. If I'm vacationing, the setup would be ok, but if I come back all the time, and stay for 3 months at a time, that might be a bit hard, not just for me, but for them too. If I am adjusting, I am pretty sure they are making adjustments from their end too!

And so now that I think about it, I'd like to pay extra to get that space, and remove that burden to them (although they would say I'm not a "burden").

I'm not sure if I'm doing the right thing, but I am justifying my decision also based on the fact that I believe when I do rent out, I will grow more independent as I have to do more of the stuff by myself. Will be harder, but a better training ground for me to grow up.

A couple more days left and I haven't decided still.

Now if I rent out, I have two options - with food (homestay), and with no food (just rent out). I'd say I'd be spending roughly 600$ for the no food, while my monthly expense for the homestay will be around 750$ (including breakfast, lunch and dinner).

I know I want to be independent, but homestay is tempting. I just have to clean my room and do laundry.

Decisions. I'm getting quite excited with me "moving out". I feel like I'm growing up.

1 comment:

ledabrigino said...

go go go! :) practice rin kase yan :)