Friday, February 12, 2010

Vancouver 2010 Olympic Torch @ Kingsway

The Vancouver 2010 Olympics is just around the corner and we were lucky enough that the torch relay passed by our office this afternoon! So at around 12 noon, we stopped working for a while (hehe) and headed out to see the torch bearer passing by Kingsway.

Here I am at the street, waving a Canadian flag (even if I am not Canadian) and waiting together with the crowd for the Olympic torch convoy. Mahangin sa labas!

Picture 024

So the convoy was not too long, the first part were policemen in bicycles... and then comes the policemen in motorbikes...

Picture 041

Here comes Coca Cola caravan!

Picture 044

For now I don't have the pictures of the actual torch relay itself... since by the time it came, I was out of space for my camera. Turns out, I forgot to put the memory card back in. So I'm still waiting to get the pictures from my friend.

There were a lot of people around, everyone was excited, having fun! It was such a great experience! And tomorrow night is the opening ceremonies. Of course we don't have tickets for the opening ceremonies, but we'll be going around downtown Vancouver since we heard that there's so much happening there. It'll be a blast! And I'll make sure I have my memory card in the camera this time around!

Ok, I just realized the dates in my camera are still in Philippine time. This is supposed to be Feb 11!!

2 comments:

ledabrigino said...

nice :) on first pic: aba ilang araw ka pa lang jan, naging canadian ka na! hehe. more pics, more! :)

Sidakpreet said...

nice blog.....
i liked it.....
please visit my blog...
http://yourpspworld.blogspot.com