Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Paano Na Kaya

Got to watch "Paano Na Kaya" last Sunday with my friend, friend's sister, and friend's yaya (complete!). For those who do not know, this movie is the second major film release of Kim Chiu and Gerald Anderson, the first one being "I've Fallen For You", years ago, which was a major flop. I just have to remind myself that I dragged Chase to watch that movie at Shangrila during prime time and lo and behold, we were the only ones in the movie house. I guess that pretty much says that movie was a flop! But this time around, it was different. We went to watch in Glorietta 4 and there was a line! We ended up watching from the second row.

The movie's not too bad. Although we felt like we were watching Mano Po at times (I guess whenever Ricky Davao talks Chinese), the movie's overall entertaining. Kim and Gerald's really grown up and I think they really did good on this one. I guess from the soap's they've been in, their acting skills have been honed. Still not comparable to John Lloyd and Bea's "One More Chance" (My favorite btw), but still not a bad movie. There were funny moments, and there were kilig moments - especially with the bunch of teenage girls sitting behind us, kilig na kilig - with matching sipa sa upuan ko!

Would I recommend it? I will have to, especially to those who are avid watchers of Filipino drama and love story movies like myself. However, I still don't like their movie poster - mukhang fake.

1 comment:

ledabrigino said...

i wna watch rin! i still can't drag myself tho.. i feel like the story's too typical. antayin ko nalang sha sa abs-cbn. LOL. yeah, winner tlga one more chance! :)