Sunday, March 22, 2009

Answered prayers

This one, I really have to share.

I've been working on this module that requires an end to end testing with another team. The idea is, my module will generate a list of files, and then I have to transfer them to a specific location so that the other team's process can pick up the files and process them.

The problem is, although we were able to get the read/write access to the landing directory in Production, but don't have any account for the non-production environments. So this issue's been bugging us for quite a while. And 2-3 weeks from release, we still haven't done pre-production testing due to this limitation.

So I prayed and prayed, that somehow, hoping that the Lord can lead me to some idea that we can work out with. And truly a blessing, it suddenly occurred to me that I can request an account on those two non production environments (using another project as a reason why) but the limitation there is, I will not have a write access to the supposed directory. Obviously still a problem, but at least we can now connect to that box. And truly another blessing indeed, for some reason, they granted my account a write access to the directory we need to move our files!

Oh man, after weeks and weeks of stress over this, finally it's over. And just really proves more and more, that prayers are really powerful and that they truly are answered. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen! :)

I had a similar experience during our early WOM days (2003?) where the client was due to arrive from Germany and we still haven't gotten the prototype running.

I prayed so hard and finally got the application to work just when the client was approaching my cubicle!

Prayers indeed get answered! ;)