Friday, March 13, 2009

what's worst?

What's worst about being in a long distance relationship?
Being in a relationship where you're both in the same place, but don't see each other. And this is exactly the situation that Chase and I are in right now. I don't blame him. I blame myself 101%.

Ever since coming back home, I've been delegated to work night shifts primarily because I have to attend meetings, talk with my teammates back in Canada. We are working on a new project and it's a ground up work which is probably why there's just a lot more work that has to be done. And since it's night shift, I just can't get myself to wake up around 5:30 pm, get dressed and go meet Chase somewhere. I'm just so lazy that I'd rather sleep, or just relax at home.

So now, our usual schedule is meeting up every Sunday instead of Saturday (because Saturday is my catch up sleep time). It's good and all... but of course, it's always better to see each other more. I'm back so how come I don't see him as often right?

And so, once this big project finishes up (release will be the weekend after this coming weekend), I might try to adjust my work time to an early shift instead. The problem with this shift is that I have no idea how I'll get to work as early as 6 am (btw, I have to go to the office everyday from now on since my laptop crashed a couple of weeks back). We'll see how it goes. I think it's a matter of adjustment from now on, but we'll see. I think I need a car (hahahahaha!).

Anyway, whatever happens, I've decided that I really need to do something about this situation. I can't just rely on Chase to work on this relationship all the time. I just can't way the next time I have to go away and we'll not see each other again for a couple of months.

4 comments:

Cza said...

awwww.. we all go through that.. sa amin din nung nagshishift ako dati si Arvic na lang yung laging nagaadjust for me. And now that I'm no longer doing shifts, bumabawi ako. :) You'll work it out, kayo pa ;)

bev said...

@cza
Haha, at least you guys aren't night shift owls na. Pero you're right, eventually babawi din talaga (hopefully soon though!) :)

Anonymous said...

I think that if both parties contribute effort, it will make the relationship work so much better! Good luck! (:

bev said...

@tasj
That's true. It always takes two to tango as they say.