Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Battle LA

Watched Battle LA last Tuesday with the gang here.

Battle LA has a simple premise. Aliens invade earth, and humans fight back! The story revolves around a group of marines who attempt to save LA from aliens. Simple story. Reminds me of Independence Day. It was action packed from start to end. Definitely entertaining.

However...

The one thing though that I didn't like at all was that the director opted for a "realistic" approach to the movie. His main goal was probably to make you feel that you're with them in battle. Unfortunately, that was a terrible decision because just by the first 10 minutes of the film, you'd realize this because the camera kept on moving, zooming. In other words, if you know Cloverfield, it's something similar. But for some reason, this one got me totally dizzy.

If you want to watch this, either wait for DVD release so that you can just watch it at home, or if you still want to watch in the movie house, make sure you sit way at the back para hindi mahilo. My friend didn't even finish the movie. She couldn't bare it and an hour into the movie, she just left. As for me, halfway through the movie, ang sakit na ng ulo ko na nasusuka na ako.

I still think it's entertaining enough. I'm a sucker for end of the world type movies anyway.

By the way, I just have to note that I wasn't surprised at all when Michelle Rodriguez showed up as one of the soldiers there. She definitely kicks ass. Bagay talaga siya sa mga ganitong roles.

Anyway, just watch this at the comforts of your home. If you have an LCD TV, the better :)

1 comment:

ledabrigino said...

i haven't watched this but based on reviews baka ndi na. i remember lou saying "nakatulog ako sa battle scene, paggising ko battle scene pa din" hehehe!