Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Welcome back to Canada

I have been away for too long from my blog.

Anyway, I am back and now in Vancouver. There are so many things I miss back in Manila already, but there are still a lot of things to look forward to here in Vancouver. For instance, when you're about 30 minutes to an hour away from Vancouver, just look at the plane's window and you'll see this:

Beautiful isn't it? Back last November, there was much more snow but I didn't bring any camera with me during in flight so this time around, I made sure that at least my ipod Touch would have enough battery left to capture this beautiful scenery.

The picture below is near the city already, farmlands I suppose. Still looks pretty nice right?


On other news, Canada's always been a place where I gain weight. I gain weight here, I lose it again back in Manila. To prove my point, when I arrived last Saturday, this is what I saw sitting in the kitchen:


Hello there deadliest catch. This is something I look forward to when I'm here, but gaining weight? That's definitely something I'm not looking forward to! But then again, no complaints right? In fact, last Sunday night, I had dinner at a Chinese restaurant with the family, and then this coming Thursday, my team mate Jeff is going to treat us to another Chinese restaurant to satisfy our pecking duck cravings!! Too much food already, all in just a span of a week! Oh did I mention my grandpa is planning to have hotpot/shabu shabu this coming Sunday? Noooooo

Anyways...

What else to look forward to in Canada? Work of course! It's always nice to work here... normal hours, you talk to them face to face instead of over the phone. You get to interact with different people - different culture, different ethnic background, you name it. In fact, tomorrow I'll be meeting some of the QAs I've been working with for the past 2 years. I'm finally meeting them!

I also missed the weather. It's raining so it's a bit colder but my wonderful coat is keeping me warm. Sulit. Kaso lang nasira yung porma ko, kasi yung baunan ko bag na malaki na pang bata. Hahaha I thought it would snow, but seems like it's passed. It's almost spring anyway. But spring time is nice, that's when the flowers bloom. You see a lot of different colors everywhere. I do see the trees here finally getting some color. Winter's almost over! But out of all the seasons, I would say I still like Fall the best. I've been here in Canada during the Fall season only once, but it's my favorite season. Every where I look, it's pink!

I think I'm still in jet lag mode so I will be off sleeping soon. Until next time.

1 comment:

ledabrigino said...

niiice, daming kain! haha! so, i'd be expecting a more "baby face" bev when u come back? :P