Saturday, March 12, 2011

random thoughts

Work's been crazy the past few weeks. But more so this week. My team mate was on leave this week, and she happens to be my lead, and so a lot of the tasks were passed on to me temporarily and it is only these days that I'm really getting the experience of being the true blue team lead. I am getting more and more responsibilities. Before, my team lead roles were simply to administrative tasks such as preparing time sheets, etc. But now, they're slowly involving me with these different tasks such as figuring out resource allocations for the different projects. It's good training, for sure, but it's just taking its toll a bit. I'm doing all these work, and that's on top of the actual work I have to do!

But, I'm not complaining. I think I've learned to love this job even if it's really been a crazy past few weeks. Just means I'm still enjoying, which is very good. I realized that I've always liked my job. Maybe I had that moment when I didn't, but at least I'm getting the jive back.

Anyway, on another note, we are going to visit the Vancouver Aquarium tomorrow. This is already my 5th time here in Vancouver and I haven't even gone there yet. Well, I'm still better off I guess. My team mate, who lived for probably 10+ years already in Vancouver has never even visited the place. I think that's usually how it is. The person who lives in the area, has not even visited the tourist spots at all.

And please, let's pray for the people in Japan. 8.9 magnitude. I cannot imagine how that feels.

3 comments:

ledabrigino said...

"I'm doing all these work, and that's on top of the actual work I have to do! " --exactly why i quit my job in AC Corp, feeling ko lugi talaga ako, plus I can't focus on my dev tasks, hence losing quality in my code.

but yeah that's a good training, as for me, that made me realize what I really want in the industry. screw that corporate ladder, sarap mag dev. hahaha!

bev said...

oo nga eh! pwede ba dev na lang??

ledabrigino said...

yes definitely. may mga officemate ako dati na thunders na pero dev pa rin. if we're really into that, why not diba ...as long as well compensated. well yeah we can't program forever. so retire nalang tayo ng maaga :> wohooo!