Thursday, July 7, 2011

You know it’s summer here in Vancouver when…

1. I need an electric fan in my room.

2. I’m wearing shorts at home.

3. My landlady changed my sheets to something cooler (no more comforters!).

4. The window in my room is now open.

5. I don’t wear my jacket outside.

6. I need to apply sunblock when I go out.

7. I’ve changed my walking route to and from the office, because I want to get as much shade as I can. The sun heat here is terrible!

8. It’s 9PM and there’s still light outside!

9. I finally sweat when I’m outside.

10. You see more people in parks and beaches, sunbathing and showing as much skin as possible.

11. You see more people riding their bikes, roller blading and running outside.

12. When I get asked by security (on my way to the gym) why I’m not enjoying the sunny weather outside.

And you know we’re Filipinos here because when we’re waiting for bus stops, we try to look for the best “shaded” place as possible! And my friends and I were talking about how the sun is just painful here, and we all agree that we all just want to take out our umbrellas to shield ourselves from the sun, but we’re just too embarrassed to do it! After all, people here are totally into this summer weather, which they only get for just a couple of months a year. Summer here is something people here really enjoy!

Welcome summer in Vancouver. Haven’t seen you in two years!

4 comments:

ledabrigino said...

i think asians lang ang nagpapayong pag maaraw. haha!

sally said...

mga takot maging nognog kasi effort daw sobra magpaputi lol

vyki said...

just wear a huge hat! hahaha :D

bev said...

Takot tayo sa araw! haha