Sunday, July 17, 2011

Random Thoughts for the Day

Ipod Nano

I have a new Ipod Nano! I’ve been scouring craigslist for a few weeks now and I was finally able to find one selling his brand new nano 6th gen for just 110 CAD. Normally, the Nano sells around 149 (+ tax) in the Apple Store, so at 110, I think it’s a good deal.

Although I do have an ipod Touch, but I once tried using it during running and it was felt pretty bulky carrying it around. I wanted something small and handy that I can carry during hikes, runs, and even in the gym. In fact, I have an unopened ipod shuffle 3rd gen back in Manila but never wanted to use it, and was intending to sell it off because I didn’t like that model. Anyway, I ended up with the Nano because it had lot more features than the shuffle, and with the 6th gen Nano, Apple shrunk it to a size close to that of the shuffle 4th gen.

IMG_1677IMG_1679

Let me see if I can improve my Grouse Grind time with this new gadget I have.

Whole Foods Market

Whole Foods Market is an amazing store where you can get all these diverse organic and natural products that you won’t see in any other grocery store. Just going into this store is an amazing experience. All the unique items there are awesome, and I especially love their selection of breads. I also heard the salad bar is amazing but I haven’t had the chance to try it out.

I’ve been here a couple of times already, and I usually just look around. I like going back here every now and then and so when my friend saw my tea mug (I have a post about it a couple of weeks back), he said he wanted one too, thus after we picked up my Ipod Nano this morning, we went straight to Whole Foods at Broadway and Cambie so that he can get himself a new tea mug. Oh boy did he like the other model as well, and he ended up buying 4 tea mugs in total! I was thinking of getting one for my sister too, but ended up not getting one because I am not sure if she’s an avid tea drinker as I am.

Anyhow, I did end up buying an organic green tea + jasmine tea. I’ve always loved this type of tea, but I haven’t tried out this brand yet. This was a bit expensive though. So hopefully this is worth the price I paid for it.

IMG_1680IMG_1682

And since I loved their assortment of breads, I got an Italian Garlic Bread too. My colleague highly recommended that specific bread to me, so I got one earlier, which cost me almost $6 by the way, and I’ll give it a try tomorrow morning for breakfast.

Stefano’s

My landlady and landlord (Ate Mae and Kuya Toni) are celebrating their wedding anniversary this coming Monday and as an advance celebration, we went to Stefano’s, a Greek restaurant in New Westminster.

I’ve heard nice things about this restaurant, food is good, ambiance is wonderful, and music (live band) is entertaining.

IMG_1687IMG_1690

Instead of ordering the usual Souvlaki, I got the Halibut Teriyaki instead with Ceasar’s Salad. According to their menu:

Halibut Teriyaki - west coast halibut fillet broiled and topped with teriyaki sauce   $23

I loved my order. I don’t usually enjoy Greek food as much, not a big fan, but this one was really good. I find the Halibut usually bland, thus the addition of the teriyaki sauce was definitely a plus factor. However, I was disappointed with the desert we ordered – Tiramisu cake. It was all cream, hardly any of the good parts of an actual tiramisu was there. Very disappointed.

Although I was disappointed with the desert, I enjoyed the music and the band though. They were playing all different music from love songs to disco songs! And at Stefano’s, they have a nice dance area too so diners can dance and enjoy the music! Of course I didn’t dance (and I never will!) but it was so much fun watching people of all ages dance! That’s probably one of my frustrations – I can’t dance!!

No comments: