Tuesday, September 21, 2010

HIMYM Quotes

***Just took the picture from the web. If it shouldn't be here, just let me know and I'll gladly remove it.

How I Met Your Mother has been my staple food for the past few weeks, trying to squeeze in a couple of episodes per day to watch. I'm already down to halfway of season 5 and it's not only been entertaining, but it's almost always hits home with their "food for thoughts" every now and then. If you're a regular viewer, you'll probably pick a thing or two. But if you are like me who just came off from a long term relationship, each quote, each conversations the characters say is much much more valuable.

So as a tribute to this great show who has taught me a lot over the past weeks, here are some of the favorite "food for thoughts" that I got from this sitcom.
Barney [about how easy it is to run a marathon]: Step one, you start running. There is no step two
Things happen in our life that don't usually turn out the way we planned it to. Regrets often clog our minds that we find it hard to move forward. Barney tells us that life can be comparable to running a marathon, you just go ahead and run. There's no other way to look at our lives than forward. Moving on is getting on with our lives, and not looking back any longer.
Barney: So he stays home all the time not getting laid? No, see, that's what you do when you have a fiancée. He should be out here celebrating! He's free! He got that red-headed tumor removed.
My best friend did something for me which I appreciated so much. It was a simple gesture but it just said so much.
Future Ted: The great moments of your life won't necessarily be the things you do. They'll also be the things that happen to you. Now, I'm not saying you can't take action to affect the outcome of your life. You have to take action. And you will! But never forget, that on any day, you could step out the front door, and your whole life could change forever. You see the Universe has a plan kids; and that plan is always in motion. A butterfly flaps its wings, and it starts to rain. It's a scary thought, but it's also kind of wonderful. All these little parts of the machine constantly working... Making sure that you end up exactly where you're supposed to be.. exactly when you're supposed to be there. The right place. At the right time.
I loooove this quote. I believe in this, that everything that's happening, it's happening for a reason. We grow from it, we learn from it, and we get to exactly where fate wanted us to be.
Ted: Okay, I'm going to say something out loud that I've been doing a pretty good job of not saying out loud lately. What you and Tony have, what I thought for a second you and I had, what I know that Marshall and Lily have, I want that. I do. I keep waiting for it to happen. I'm waiting for it to happen. I guess I'm just tired of waiting. And that is all I'm going to say on that subject.
....
Stella: I know that you're tired of waiting. And you might have to wait a little while more but, she's on her way, Ted. And she's getting here as fast as she can.
This is probably one of the best lines from season 4!

Let me know if you have other favorite How I Met Your Mother quotes!

4 comments:

ledabrigino said...

my fave (N months ago):

TED: I need to know that you know you made the biggest mistake of your life.

Now, my fave's just the word: AWESOME. hehehe!

Unknown said...

wait for it... wait for it...

Anonymous said...

just posted one of my fave, though i'm just finished with season 2.

here it is:

"If you're really honest with yourself about what you want out of life, life gives it to you"

bev said...

nice quotes!

@Mae: natapos ko na season 5!