Monday, February 10, 2014

First Attempt: Lattice Top Crust for My Apple Pie

My first attempt to make a lattice top pie crust. Not the best looking. This is pre oven.

20140209_211145

After an hour in the oven:

20140209_221319 

Looks sumptuous (in my very biased opinion)!

I think the problem I had was that I didn’t roll out the top dough to the right size. It was a little too big, which caused the dough to be too thin and long, and it was uneven all over. Lessons learned. Once we have another bunch of leftover apples, I’ll try to do it again. Master the technique!

I’ll have to let it sit for now to cool down. Will have to wait until tomorrow to taste it!

And that’s my project for this weekend. Let’s see what I come up with for next weekend.

2 comments:

Leda said...

wow that looks really pro and yummy! yan naman next 'pasalubong' mo sakin next time u visit our place! lol =) demanding haha

bev said...

Leda, sure sure! Siopao pa lang na pa try ko sa inyo. Next time iba naman. :)