Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Equity Fund - Christmas gift to my parents

As a Christmas gift to my parents, I've decided to open an equity fund account for them. I made the initial deposit for them, and vowed that when I have extra money, I'll add some more to this fund. Of course, they should do their part as well to add money once in a while to the fund. After all, this is for their future.

This will be a first for them as they really don't know much about investing in the market. My mom's quite jittery as she's more conscious about the value of the investment, as compared to my dad, who's investor profile suggests that he is willing to go through the ups and downs of the market, for as long as in the long run, you still make a hefty profit.

Whatever difference in their investor profiles are, I'm really happy to be able to do something for them, educate them about investing, and of course, preparing them for the future ahead. After all, they're starting around 30 years later, compared to me. This will be a scary ride, which hopefully, will bear its fruits for the years to come.

No comments: