Monday, December 17, 2007

Fascinating history from fictional books

I've just finished James Rollins' Map of Bones and I found the book... engaging. I think this is the first time I've wanted to finish a book in a hurry since the Dan Brown era. It's safe to say that I'm a sucker for mystery/suspense/action that deals with fascinating history, particularly that which is related to the church.

It is astounding how rich the church's history is. Or maybe how mysterious it actually is, that authors are able to sew together pieces of facts that somehow sound really really true. I don't necessarily believe everything I read from these fictional books, however, I still believe that there are a lot of stories hidden behind the walls of the Church. Given the span of decades and centuries that the church has been alive, one can only imagine the vast wealth of knowledge, and secrets they have.

Wouldn't it be just intriguing if we were able to discover secrets of the past?

Maybe that's the reason why I just love these books! They all present a snapshot of the past, and how many events, may have shaped what we actually believe in right now.

No comments: