Thursday, August 19, 2010

A lot of things to be thankful for

I've been slowly realizing the extent of blessings I've received the past couple of weeks. God is really good. I have been saying "Hay buhay" a lot of times during those dark days. But I shouldn't have been doing that. What I should have been saying was "Thank you Lord for the blessings". I was blinded by the bad things that happened to me (ok, the one major bad thing that happened), which overshadowed the good things that I actually have. And now I have a clearer view to those things. And I'll list them down as a show of gratitude.

1. Family
I am very blessed to have a family who cares so much for me. My mom, especially who even went to HK with me just to help me unwind. Who texted me "gisingin mo lang ako kapag kailangan mo ng kausap". My sister who told me bluntly to "Move on! ano ka ba!". LOL!

2. Friends
I really don't know how my friends ( you know who you are ) put up with me during the dark days. Kahit paulit ulit na at sirang plaka na sinasabi ko, at sinasabi nila, they're still there! I can't believe how much they cared! The nice thing about all these is that I've rekindled so many friendships over the past weeks. I now have weekly get together with the bruhas, and now I even revived my friendship with my high school buddies and made me feel extra special again. For the past years, my life revolved around work, home, and him. And I've missed out so much! And now, I'm loving this life!

3. Finances
Ok, so I have to admit that one of my outlets was to spend spend spend. And now that I think about it, I've very thankful that God has provided me with so much, if not, I wouldn't have been able to sustain my spending spree! And not just that, I've recently got some nice winnings in the stock market, and not to mention that I have some new investments that's giving me a pretty reasonable return every month. Not bad at all! So let's continue to spend! haha

4. Gym
The gym has been my haven for the past couple of weeks. So maybe my attendance to the gym has slowed down a bit, but definitely the gym has helped me get through a lot of things. When I'm feeling sad, I just go to the gym, workout, and I'm fine after wards. Not only was it a good outlet, but it made me more confident about myself! Hitting two birds with one stone!

5. Work
I hated work so bad. I regretted accepting this job, going to Canada, you name it. Everything about it I hated. I wanted to bring back time if I could. I always thought, things would've been different. But you know what, it may have been different, but I wouldn't have experienced and grown as much had I not experienced what I experienced with this job. Unfortunately, a major part of us got lost somewhere during the process but we're already here now, it happened, and we cannot turn back the time. I was going to change things, I told him that, he knew that, but I guess he didn't want to risk any longer. So here I am, took me a while to love what I'm doing again, but I'm slowly getting there.

How can you not be thankful for this job? When I was down in the dumps, I asked for some time off. Talked to my team lead, she told me to go on vacation the following week at once, for two weeks. Then talked to my manager and told me to go, fix up whatever the personal issue was, and then if I need another week or so, let him know. How can you not be thankful for this job?

And after wards, around end of July, they made me team lead. Well it's a admin job, but it's still experience! How can you leave this job now?? Everything tells me to stay put!

So much things to be thankful for... everyday. I learned to appreciate so much in life.

This diagram pretty much simplifies what I felt the past weeks.
graph

I think I'm towards the bottom already. Happy emotions na ako these days eh. :)

2 comments:

sally said...

woot woot! team lead kita :) excited na akong makatrabaho ka ulit. ingat!

Anonymous said...

glad you're becoming ok these days :) go girl! basta dito lang ako parati! yupyup. madami talagang dapat ipagpasalamat :) thank you din!