Thursday, August 12, 2010

Sunday Randomness Trip

Nothing beats a Sunday randomness trip with my three amazing girl friends - Leda, Sally and Mae. We initially planned on trying out the Treetop Adventures in Subic, but come Sunday, it was pouring mad - Esther was passing by the Northern Luzon. Leda and I were frantically texting each other that morning on what to do, should we push through with it or not? Do we just go the other way South which should have better weather? But no, we just decided to just let things be! So I picked up Mae at our usual pick up point in McArthur Highway, and then Sally and Leda at LRT Balintawak. Although Leda was an hour late!! Blame it on the bus, right Leda? :)

So we ended up driving to Gerona, Tarlac to eat at Isdaan! Wonderful place. Good ambiance, good food. And of course, we had a wonderful time throwing plates and cups in Taksyapo! Love it!

So right after lunch, we headed back to Manila. I think we spent a lot more time in the car than in the places we went to, but nonetheless, it was one of the best trips I've had recently. Nothing beats going on trips like this where you girls can just talk about anything under the sun (or under the rainy clouds)!

Back in Manila, it was way too early to go home so we went straight to Cafe Breton in Tomas Morato. Of course, we chatted our way for an hour or two until we decided last minute (due to Leda not wanting to go home yet) to watch a movie after! So we ended up going to Trinoma - to watch Inception. I don't know if I was tired by then or not, but I did sleep a bit in one of the parts of the movie. Haha Inception fans might get angry at me! But movie's well worth it.

All in all, a random day with the girls turned out to be one of the best days so far. Even though by the end of the day, what was left of my full gas tank was just a quarter. But so what, I can pay to get that refilled. But time spent with my friends, irreplaceable.

Shall we head south next?

4 comments:

ledabrigino said...

yeah it's one of my best road trips too! masaya talaga pag impromptu, spontaneous, no definite plans! haha!

yes south naman, research ulit tayo ng random fun places :) ...pero gawa rin tayo plan B in case weather's not good. haha!

Thanks so much bev (sally and mae too) for that very cool weekend. definitely uulitin!

sally said...

haha grabe di ko talaga yun makakalimutan! :D dapat ata magpractice ako magbababato ng gamit nakakahiya ako sa taksyapo! hahaha! Thanks super! susunod contribution na rin dapat sa gas para di nakakahiya sayo :D ingat at next time ulit! excited na ako sa south road trip :)

bev said...

@ sally - I love driving... kaya ok lang ako sagot nung pagdridrive at sa gas. :)

Anonymous said...

yupyup! sa uulitin guys! :)