Friday, August 13, 2010

forgiveness

I went to mass again earlier and was very much enlightened but what the sermon was about. Going to mass the past two days have given me so much strength and enlightenment the past days. It has given me hope that I will be 150% back on track any time soon.

Back to the sermon, surprisingly, the topic was about forgiveness. Two things he said that struck me most:

1. The first step is to forgive yourself first
When he said this, I felt so... comforted. If that's the right term to use. All this time, I've been confused and guilty of the things I have done in the past. I've acknowledged that we've had our share of pains but I always believed that there's a big chunk to blame on me on why the relationship went sour. It's always been me taking him for granted. I always blamed myself for doing that. But now, I know in order to make things right, I need to forgive myself for the things I've done wrong in the past. And I just started doing that yesterday and now here is the Lord, reiterating it to me. Very much comforted by His words.

2. Once you've forgiven yourself, then that's when you can start forgiving others, or asking for forgiveness from others
Totally agree. It always starts with yourself. And for once you've humbled yourself, you can truly feel for the others. This will be my next step.

And you know what struck me the most during the mass? Right after homily, lights went out, brownout! No lights, just candles but priest continued the Mass. And then right at the end, when we said "Thanks be to God", lights came back on. Blessings indeed.

No comments: