Monday, August 30, 2010

weekend rush

Saturday

Saturday early morning started out with me driving all the way to the office to go to work. I usually just go to the office just once a week so a Saturday (or Friday in North America time) was an exception because our team had new members coming in as their first day. Welcome to the team Sally and JD! I'm glad I did too as I had a lot of work I was able to finish that day.

I don't know how I got by that Saturday because I went home around 10:30 am, slept for around 2 hours? And then headed off to Powerplant mall in Rockwell. You see, an old friend just happen to buy a new Honda Civic! Top of the line model pa! He was supposed to buy a Subaru about a month ago, but that didn't push through. So I was surprised to get a text message from him last Friday informing me that he finally bought a new car! Not Subaru as intended, but a Honda Civic instead! Not bad at all. So he invited me to go for a joy ride. We were thinking of driving around the metro but since I had dinner appointments that night, we just decided to meet up around 4pm at powerplant and then drove all the way to Mall of Asia and had merienda there to talk about anything under the sun. Interesting as I never really talked to him much before (ok, I never really bothered talking to anyone before!).

So he did bring me back to Powerplant just in time so I can meet up with my girl friends that night for dinner. Before we went to dinner, the girls and I dropped by Urban Bazaar there. They have some pretty nice stuff there. We did end up going back later on that evening so my other friend who came later could check it out. Lo and behold, nakita namin si Marian Rivera and Roxanne Barcelo (spell check). They're both very pretty and petite girls.

Sunday

Woke up pretty early Sunday (after only sleeping for a couple of hours) and dragged myself to pack up for our girls overnight and go to EDSA Shangri La Hotel by 9 am to attend free yoga class! Who can say no to that? The best part of it is that, we finally got to go Chi Spa! Pagpasok mo pala doon para kang nasa ibang mundo! Very solemn, ang bango, you name it! The yoga session itself ran for 2 hours... but it seemed so short! I was just learning the Koshas! And trying the various poses that I couldn't figure out. Hahaha But it was fun! I sure hope there are yoga classes near my place, that would be better. Good thing though that I got a yoga book from Leda. I should start reading it.

The only thing I didn't like was walking in the hotel and in the mall wearing my house shirt looking like I just woke up.

Malayan Overnight

My college friends and I decided to have our overnight after n years again last sunday to monday. We stayed in Malayan, which is just in front of Podium. Not a bad place for the price, but not the best as well. I think I remember Astoria was better.

Anyway, we went to Megamall to check out Forever 21. That store is huge! But we ended up shopping at Cinderella! Hahaha I think everyone bought something right? I didn't realize how fun it was to shop with these ladies! Ang hindi ko makakalimutan were the times we were in the dressing room. I will not forget Marcy's catwalk with her new blue blouse! Grabe payat ng tiyan ng lola mo!

In general, it's always nice to hangout with friends. That's what the girls and I just did in Malayan. Although, madaming plans na hindi natuloy, paano ba naman, sobrang antok na! Ganoon na ba tayo na tumatanda? Hindi na kaya mag stay up till wee hours of the morning doing nothing? hahaha We love our sleep more these days.

We're getting older!!

6 comments:

vyki said...

ironic that u saw roxanne barcelo -- sbe ni kristian dati u look like her ;)

bev said...

vyki, maganda si roxanne ah. ang layo ko dun! haha

ledabrigino said...

agree, we're getting older. lahat ng pinlano ko (pizza, basa book, daldalan) e di natuloy! hahaha!

ledabrigino said...

@vyki: onganooooh hawig nga sha ni bev! haha!

bev said...

@Leda - i'm pretty sure hindi ka magbabasa ng libro!! Pero at least we did watch Ms. U!

Anonymous said...

haha! isa lang yata natuloy.. yung videoke..

glad to spend the night with you guys! :)