Thursday, October 7, 2010

an interesting october 5 day

Yesterday, October 5 was quite an eventful day for me.

Item #1
Since it was a Tuesday work day, I went in to the office instead of working from home. Since I've had my City, I've always driven to work, parked my car in the basement, and go out mid morning to go home. I usually park in the basement because it's cheaper even though the parking space is way too crowded and small. It's always deserted from people but I always felt secured there. So imagine my surprise when I got to my car the morning after and found a note tucked in the driver's seat window. I opened it and this is what it contains:


This is just the first time it happened to me here, it might be just some stupid prank or stupid person putting that note there. So for me, it was nothing and I got in the car, and went home. Surprise surprise, when I showed it to my parents, they immediately got worried and we ended up going back to Discovery building and reporting it to the security staff there. As they say, it's better to be safe than sorry. Now my parents don't want me parking or even driving to the office! They'll bring me to work and pick me up every week from now on. I appreciate the gesture but for me it's probably too much of a waste of time for them. I think I can manage (very independent!). But, I don't think I can appeal much with that decision. Parents are usually right. They just want to be assured.

Item #2
I got a surprise text earlier from Andrei, one of the stock trader guru I usually follow whose seminar I paid for and joined a couple of months ago with my friend Rhys. As a background, I joined the seminar to gain some additional knowledge of different stock trading strategies. During the seminar, for some reason, he remembers me, calls me during the seminar, and even posts a picture of our group, with a caption that has something to do with me. I guess I made an impression? Haha. Anyway, he was asking me to join this seminar happening this coming Friday. It is a special seminar, where, the one and only JAP is going to be there!! For those of you who don't know JAP, he is otherwise known as Jerry Angping. A hugeeee businessman, owns a lot of the stocks that is high risk-reward (simply because most of the time it is jockeyed!).

Of course, why would I say no to this opportunity? Apparently, pretty Chinese ladies are very much welcome to this seminar. So I told him I was bringing my friend Rhys, who happens to be a Chinese too - but a guy! And he was asking me to invite some more girl friends. I don't know anyone else in my circle of friends who are into stock market trading anyway, so I just told him to just reserve another +1 seat, aside from Rhys and me. I think Rhys is inviting another friend along as well. Andrei's paying for everything so headcount was important.

That was an interesting conversation. What I'm really looking forward to is meeting new people and expanding the network. Remember, this is the business people I might meet. So Rhys and I didn't even hesitate to say no. We're going and we will hopefully even have a picture with Jap!

Item #3
A friend of mine from work, split up with her ex a couple of days ago. She's been talking to me a lot lately, and as her friend, I am just there to support her. During our conversations, what I realized is that what I was telling her, was something I was already slowly doing for myself! Ang daming realization. Those thoughts and realizations deserve another post. But as we all have our happy endings, I just found out they got back together :) Oh love. I hope more and more people around me are getting happier by the minute.

Item #4
I had to cancel a movie date with the girls because of some things I need to prioritize (right Leda?). Unfortunately it didn't push through, however at least I did get the chance to have my second boxing session at Elorde's last night. For some reason, I just can't get the hook and uppercuts. Mali daw porma ko eh. But one thing's for sure, boxing is a great cardio. Tagaktak pawis ko the whole time. I'm still thinking of instead of going to Elorde at Shaw, I might try out the one in Tektite. It's more convenient for me, especially if I schedule it on Wednesdays after work. The only problem with that boxing gym, it's way more expensive than the one in Shaw. Pero sabi nila madaming artista dun and celebrity. Plus points sa akin yun, I'm a sucker for celebrities. Haha

1 comment:

ledabrigino said...

i agree with ur parents... the note's scary, parang ang dating e may stalker ka, who knows ur parking routines right :(

yeah, please let's postpone, i'm still in india part!