Thursday, June 23, 2011

Longest Day Race

Aside from the Hike we did last Sunday, we also ran the "Longest Day Race" last Friday night. It's an annual even held during the spring/summer season here in Vancouver - in UBC to be exact.
For some reason, this picture keeps on rotating. I'll leave this in this position for now.

This is my second time joining this race. The first time was two years ago, and I joined the 5km. Now I can do 10km! I was with a couple of friends and all of us ran the 10km. I didn't run for the time though. I was there to motivate my other friend, who's running his first 10km. He did pretty well! 1 hour 14 minutes. Not bad!

The nice thing about this run is the after party - BBQ!!! A ton of food, burger, fruits, cookies, chips, you name it! We got to stash a lot of free stuff for ourselves as well. Some of which, I used for the hiking trip the following Sunday.

I like how things are going these days, I've really become more into fitness. In fact, we have a couple of things up and coming. Later this afternoon, we're joining this stretching class in the fitness center, and then this coming Saturday, our first Grouse Grind! Then next week, we're thinking of doing another hike.

My only concern is that I hope, I can continue this fitness craze when I get back to Manila. Let's wait and see.

2 comments:

ledabrigino said...

BBQ! i love pigging out after workout! they say "useless ang exercise" but for me... it's a guilt-free reward! hehe

pag balik mo manila let's enroll in something, i'm thinking of yoga, or street dance!

bev said...

@Leda - i'm not a good dancer at all, but I'd love to do street dance!