Sunday, March 3, 2013

S&R

Back when I was in Canada, I always loved going to Costco. For those unfamiliar with Costco, it is a popular members only warehouse grocery chain that offers cheap and good stuff from groceries, to electronics. Costco offers items by bulk, which is probably why it’s a bit cheaper compared to other grocery chains. My officemates from Manila would usually go there to buy stuff to send for their families back home via balikbayan box. We call it the “relief goods”. I remember buying my pasalubongs from here too!

So apparently here in Manila, we have our very own version of Costco, which is S&R! I know S&R been around for years and years and unfortunately for me, it was only today that I got the chance to step inside this store and realize that we actually had our own version of Costco right here! And what surprised me was that everything was similar. The tire store inside, the food stands where they offer huge slices of pizza (and they’re good too!) and even Kirkland products and the various pastries and huge cupcakes ! They’re all the same! It brought me back to Costco!

So now my mom tells me that, next time, don’t bother buying my pasalubongs from Costco anymore. Just give her money as pasalubong. After all, she apparently, can buy the items I usually get from them here in Manila already. haha. That will actually save me luggage space now! Though, korny kasi when you get home and you don’t have much to take out from your luggage as pasalubong. So, I will still get them the usual chocolates I buy for them (I even saw the truffles there!).

It’s nice to know that S&R can offer different set of items you won’t usually find in other grocery stores. My mom finally signed up for membership, which was only 700 for the year. So, hopefully, I’ll be able to go to S&R more often from now on.

5 comments:

rhyschiu said...

Korni ba na walang nilalabas na pasalubong? Masaya nga un ganun d ba? La problem sa packing.

bev said...

oo korny yun, masaya kung may mga pasalubong!

rhyschiu said...

Masaya sa makakatanggap hehehe... Hassle sa magbibitbit.

ledabrigino said...

wow seryoso, ngayon mo lang nadiscover s&r? haha! anywayyy, try their ready to eat goodies too -- chicken, ice cream, pizza, calzone and churros! waaah ang sarap! :)

bev said...

@Leda - yes! as in now ko lang na discover after all this time! Churros haven't tried. Nakakita nga ako ng nag order nun, wah inggit ako. Next time!