Sunday, October 7, 2007

Be a winner in your own country.

It is true that career professionals move for better pay. But it should not be the monetary consideration all the time if you really want a high-flying career. Don't move just because the work is near the place where you live. Don't move because you just want to move. Pay an expert the way you pay for a nice-looking Louis Vuitton purse or a top-of-the-line mobile phone.

The best career is in the Philippines nowadays. Blue-chip companies are coming our way. This is the place to become successful. The most comfortable life is here. You leave the country because you feel you cannot make it here. If you cannot make it here, you cannot make it anywhere.

Be a winner in your own country.

Read the rest of the entry: By the time you're 30, your salary should be P120,000 by Dan Magallanes

4 comments:

vyki said...

great artic! tho you can earn more than P120k NOW if you're in the US..
i still think working abroad will be a good experience..

Unknown said...

looks like I'm in the right direction! hehehe!

I agree with Vicky, you will still need to experience the world if you are to make it big in management. After all, managing (which the article made an example of) is more about people and team work and lots of planning. Experience is necessary especially in dealing with different personalities and nationalities.

And I also agree with the author, the money is already here in the Philippines. One should only know how to tap it. Either way, as I tell most of those people whom I have worked with, experience do make a big difference out in the field.

bev said...

Yes, I believe the experience you will get from working with various people, places, and situations will radically improve your craft.

As for me, yes, the money is definitely here. But I wouldn't want to focus on just the money... yet (With the exception for Chau, as he's already in the stage of heightened advancement already hahaha). Gain experience first, then the money will eventually flow in. :) Basic example - si Chau ulit.

Let's do something to our country. If we opt to work abroad, gain all knowledge from there, go back here and make a difference!

Unknown said...

hahaha! Bakit ako example mo? I am not "there" yet. And just like you, I'm planning to go abroad just to get some experience. In fact, I always feel sad when I look at my resume. At my age I have experienced only a handful of what a real project manager should experience. There's still a long way for me to go!