Sunday, May 11, 2008

Reaction to Jericho' exclusive interview in the Buzz

I just watched Boy Abunda's interview with Jericho in the Buzz just a while ago to talk about his very public breakup with Heart. I didn't really care much about their relationship or any other showbiz's couples for that matter, but this interview, I was moved by Jericho. I really felt his pain when he talked about how much he still loves Heart. When asked about their situation with Heart's parents, he just broke down and I was just sad for him. I know a couple of people who had relationships and was not approved by the parents. It's hard and most likely, one of the reasons they broke up was probably because of the parents (hula ko lang!).

For me, I believe that when you are in a relationship, you do not keep it a secret. It's not supposed to be a "you and me against the world" relationship. It sounds and looks sweet when both of you fight for each other's love amidst everyone's dismay, but in the end, is it worth it? Maybe for some it is, but for me, it's not. My family and friends will always be most important to me. A relationship once broken... to whom do you cry your heart out? You go back to your family and they welcome you back with open arms.

That's just my two cents.

But still, I feel for Jericho. I hope he'll find peace soon.

1 comment:

ledabrigino said...

i totally agree! (at para sakin nga kulang pa ung approval ng family. kasama na rin dapat ung race and religion. once there's 100% support from family and
community, u wouldn't ask for more!)

tama ka wlang "u and me against the world" --sa pelikula lang nangyayari un hahaha!

n abt jericho.. ya i watched that too... sobrang naawa ako... the way he cried, it wasn't "showbiz"

:(