Tuesday, July 21, 2009

10km - done!

I finally did my first 10km race last Saturday around Stanley Park! Now I feel like 5km is no longer a problem for me. My friend (who also ran the 10km) said I did pretty well, for a first 10km, and who just started running around 1.5 months ago.

I don't even know how i was able to finish the race with a time of ~ 1 hr 6 minutes (a bit slow, but still a good time for me) considering I ran with a sore left leg. Stupid thing I did was to attempt to run around Stanley Park 2 days before (thursday) and waking up on friday with a very sore left leg and aching right knee joint. Good thing when I woke up on race day saturday, my right knee join was feeling better, though my left was still sore. So I had no choice but to run the race with a sore left leg. I didn't really feel the ache much during the run, but after I finished the race, my legs hurt so much (especially the left)!

Now, 2 days after the race, I feel much better.
And I feel motivated to continue running. I am planning to join another 5km run this coming August. I'm more focused on improving my time - hopefully to get it under 30 minutes.

2 comments:

ledabrigino said...

wow, buff! congrats! :)

bev said...

@leda feeling buff lang. haha