Wednesday, January 13, 2010

3rd time travel to canada

So after a long long wait, my travel request has been finally approved. There were some problems because the company didn't want me to renew my work permit over at Canada, so they wanted me to go there, and then go back before my work permit expires. But my manager in Canada wanted me to stay the whole 4 months there as this was the original plan for the whole team - we rotate 4 months each going to Canada. Anyway, so they finally approved, and my flight will either be January 30 or Feb 06 and will be returning either May/June, depending on my departure date. The original date was Jan 30 but I requested to move it to Feb 06 so I'd have company going there (my teammate's departure is Feb 06 too).

This will only mean that I have to prepare! Not that I need a lot of stuff, but I just realized, I don't have much work clothes anymore. We just wear casual clothes here in Manila so I may need to revamp my wardrobe a bit. We're going there winter time (and right in time for Vancouver Winter Olympics) so hopefully, the jacket I left behind there will suffice (but I'm guessing not!).

I am excited, but sad again. I'm just thinking and hoping this will just be like a short vacation again. And we're going to Vegas in April, so that's something to look forward to!

1 comment:

ledabrigino said...

wow travel time again! :)