Thursday, January 27, 2011

Australian Open 2011

I haven't watched tennis avidly for the longest time. I remember back in high school, when I loved watching the game. I watched Martina Hingis, Steffi Graf, Jennifer Capriati play the best women's tennis at that time. On the men's side, it was the time of Agassi, Patrick Rafter, Michael Chang, and Brazilian French Open winner Gustavo Kuerten. Kuerten I remember distinctly because he had curly hair, he was unseeded, and he won two consecutive French Open grand slams.

And now, I'm watching again. Been watching Australian Open for a couple of days now. I'm still rooting for my favorite - Kim Clijsters. Wozniacki, the other semifinalist lost to Li Na. So whoever wins against Clijsters and Zvonoreva goes on to the finals against Li Na.

As for the men's draw - stick to one ako, Roger Federer pa din!

No comments: