Sunday, January 2, 2011

Dear 2010

Dear 2010,

Thank you for a turbulent year. It has been one wild roller coaster ride. I'm not sure if I had more ups or more downs this year, but one thing I'm sure is that this is probably the most emotionally challenging year of my life. But don't get me wrong, although there are a ton of memories that I'd like to literally erase, there are still a lot more memories that I wish to keep and cherish.

For one, I'd like to thank you for giving me an opportunity to spend time with my family in Canada and experience the Grand Canyon and Las Vegas scene. This is one experience I will always cherish.

I'd also like to keep the memories of my friends and family who were all there when I needed them the most. As you know, your year was just too emotional for me. But it just showed me how lucky I was to have the best friends and family out there who made sure I will survive and get through one of the most painful journeys I ever had to go through. Thank you.

2010, you made me a different, and a way better (and perhaps more mature too) person this year. I've learned to care more about other people, instead of just focusing on me. I've learned that I need to learn how to prioritize other people and take care of myself more, rather than just work work work. Although I had to rebuild a lot, but it was a good process to go through. Had you not given me all these experiences, I probably wouldn't have become the person I am today (a good person and wiser person too I hope).

2010, you have made such a huge impact in my life that I firmly believe 2010 will truly never be forgotten to be the turning point year of my life. Probably 20 years from now, I'm pretty sure I'll remember your year.

Now that you're passing on the baton to 2011, can you let 2011 know that I'm hoping for it to be an awesome year in terms of work, family, friends, and of course, in matters of the heart?

Sincerely,
Bev

4 comments:

ledabrigino said...

apir, 2010's perhaps also the most memorable year for me. it's my worst and best. but then, lagi ko din naiisip, God still has something up His sleeve. i believe worse or better years will come that will overwrite this year. muhaha. goodbye 2010! ;)

vyki said...

Wish you all the best for the coming year! :)

Anonymous said...

2011 will be awesome! don't worry :) we will make sure it will be :)

bev said...

Wishing everyone the best for 2011!

@Mae You're right! Let's make 2011 one of the best years of our lives!