Monday, January 23, 2012

Angie and Vince’s Wedding

It’s really exciting to see one of your closest friends finally getting married! It was the first wedding of a close friend that I’ve attended. I find that it’s different if you’re just attending a wedding because it’s a family friend or relative who you’re not really close with, as compared to attending a wedding where the bride and groom are really dear to your heart.

My friend Sheila and I were a teeny bit late for the church wedding, half of the entourage already walked down the aisle before we got there. At least though, I still saw the beautiful bride make her wasy down the aisle, looking beautiful as always. And since we were in such a rush, we forgot to bring the camera to the church. Wala tuloy ako pictures sa Church!

The church wedding was held at Santuario de San Jose at East Greenhills (airconditioned!) and reception followed at New World Hotel in Makati. I didn’t realize the food in New World would be really good! I loved their hot shrimp salad (It was a laureate serving, by the way).

Here are a few snaps I got during the reception. The girls are looking very pretty!

IMG_2276

And here’s how the ballroom was setup. Beautiful too.

IMG_2279

It was kind of annoying that I ended up sitting right in front of the sound system. I cannot talk to my seatmate without having to either shout or speak close to their ears!

And you know during weddings, there’s always this part of the reception where they call in the single gals and guys? I ended up getting called up there, at bigla akong giniginaw sa stage ah! It was a nice game though. An envelope was passed around the the folks and when the music stops while you’re holding the envelope, you have to perform the consequence written on the note inside. And as the game progresses, the consequence gets tougher and tougher.

Lo and behold, for the first round, I ended up getting the envelope! I was so nervous, opening the envelope, so good thing, the consequence was easy – “give a message to the bride and groom”. Whew, that was easy, I have no problem making speeches! haha at napahaba pa, the host even told me that we should have had a toast to go with it! Ang daldal kasi!

As the game progressed, there were to more consequences, kiss someone on the nose, carry a girl for 10 seconds. And the last consequence ended up with this girl, who was asked to pick a guy. Sa sobra niyang kaba, hindi siya makapili. Finally, napilitan pumili ng isang guy. And well, it was a nice surprise because her consequence was actually “a congratulations as you and your partner just won an ampao worth 5000 pesos each!” A total of 10k! Why didn’t the first consequence contain that instead?? Haha great game though!

Overall, the day’s event was really great. Bride wore two gowns – her wedding gown during the church wedding, and her red gown during the reception (I guess to coincide with the chinese new year!). I had fun, and the reception did not drag on until midnight (which is good!). Good food, good friends, good laughs!

Oh, and I got to have Pat Dy take a photo of us, using my camera! That’s almost worth a hundred thousand pesos! haha

IMG_2289

No comments: