Thursday, January 12, 2012

First 12 days of 2012

12 days into 2012, what have I done differently so far?

1. Bridal Shower

- The first of many friends getting married this year had her bridal shower last Jan 07. It’s the first official friends’ bridal shower that I was able to attend and a pretty good one too. They organized it quite well. It was fun! To be honest, I almost didn’t go because of my laziness syndrome. Thankfully I was able to pull myself out of bed and drive all the way to Linden Suites to join my friend on her memorable day. Korny yung gift na binigay ko, but now I know what to get my other friends next time!

2. Work

- I’ve been somewhat unsuccessful with my work life balance goal so far. I want to blame it on my work because they just keep on giving it to me, but in the end, it’s still me who will have to learn and know how to manage work properly. I need to learn to say no, I need to delegate, and I need lessen the stress. It’s not good for the health, and it’s not going to help me improve the quality of my work anyway. So, I need to work on this more.

3. Read

- I‘ve finally picked up a book to read! I have around 6 books in pending to read and finally got to finish one. I will try to finish one book per week moving forward.

4. Exercise

- Stopped doing circuit training with a trainer. I want to focus more on cardio exercises instead of strength and toning. According to my ipod nano tracker, I’ve done almost 20k steps in two weeks already – a 4km run in the treadmill will probably give me 6-7k steps. Not too bad. I’m hoping to log a lot more in the upcoming weeks. Unfortunately, my plan earlier to run was postponed, because I just had to take a nap this afternoon. Too sleepy!

- Aside from treadmill running, I’ve been trying to incorporate biking in my cardio. I’ve tried riding the new bike around the village. Unfortunately, every time I ride my bike, after only one round of biking around the village, my legs are already shaking. Only means one thing – the legs are not as strong as I hoped they would be. All the more reason to ride the bike!

Hopefully I will get to do more exciting activities in the next few weeks. After writing this entry, I just realized how boring my life is! haha

1 comment:

Mae said...

same here sa work.. gusto ko na ding maayos pero ang hirap pag ikaw lagi accountable kasi ikaw ang lead.. halos lahat ikaw responsible kahit minsan di na dapat... and to think we're also doing dev work.. nagpapalipat na ako ng project.. napapagod na ako :( or kung hindi ako malipat, dun na ako mag-iisip.. di na healthy.. gusto ko 2012 ko maayos na. we're not getting any younger.. hehe.. Good luck sa lahat! Happy new Year!