Monday, January 2, 2012

Piggybank and Bike

As the new year begins, I’ve decided to empty out my golden piggy bank! It was just half full though… but nonetheless, this is like free money!

GoldPiggyBank

Took me a while to count all the money because someone (hopefully not me), put in three pieces of chocolate coins! Alam niyo yung chocolate na yun? Anyway, it was annoying because although two of them was still intact, the third one was opened up and the chocolate was every where! Thankfully the chocolate wasn’t melted, but it was still disturbing to see lots of chocolate crumbs amongst the coins! And the smell! Coins smelling like chocolates? Not too appealing.

It took me some time to clean up most of the infected coins. But nonetheless, after finishing it all up, I think I got a pretty good amount!

And since I consider this “free money” (though not technically), I’ve decided to use this small savings amount to fund my new toy!

BevNewBike

I bought it earlier, and I’m planning to ride this as often as I can, and even use this to go to the gym (instead of taking the car). It’s additional exercise, plus, environment friendly. I still have to get a head gear though. Don’t want to be riding out in the streets without one!

I’ve heard a lot of good things about biking. So, hopefully, I can try to incorporate this to my daily lifestyle (plus my gym time too!). Perhaps, a good start to 2012.

11 comments:

ledabrigino said...

oh very nice!!!! wait, so sobrang laki na save mo sa piggy? or the bike's too cheap? (lol on the chocolates, kabwiset nga yun hahahaha)

bev said...

@Leda - I still had to add 1k though. 2500 yung bike. Amoy chocolate si piggy bank. Kainis!!

ledabrigino said...

nice, mura pa din. gusto ko din ng bike! nasa 2011 goals ko yan, hay :( i dnt know if dapat ko ba shang icarry over sa 2012 goals. having a new condo.. i'd prefer swimming and jogging this time. good luck to us! hehe!

rhyschiu said...

if you can ride the bike going to work (of course you need to take a shower when you get to work)... that would be awesome!

bev said...

@Leda - Basta may some form of exercise pa din. I'd love to swim! Kaso wala dito malapit sa amin swimming pool. Ikaw kapag nag move ka na, dapat make it a habit!

@Rhys - Naku, ang layo ng bahay ko sa Ortigas! Haha Madumi na pag pasok sa office, pagod na pagod pa!

sally said...

wow!you have the equipment already.2009 palang gusto ko na sumali ng biking group(yung mga nagiikot pag may fun run sa moa) kaso simple bike lang meron kami sa bahay.hehe..

bev said...

@Sally - Kailangan bilhin na kung hindi lagi na lang ma popostpone. Pero so far once ko pa lang nagagamit. haha

Mae said...

let's go biking minsan.. may bike din ako sa condo.. haha! thrice ko pa lang nagagamit :P sa UP, magbike tayo minsan!

bev said...

@Mae - oo biking tayo! kaso mahirap dalhin yung bike dun... hindi ata kakasya sa kotse!

ledabrigino said...

you can have a bike rack/holder like this http://www.fxsfacts.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Bike-Racks.jpg sa likod ng car. my friend ako may ganyan, he even brought 2 bikes nung nag baguio kami :)

bev said...

@Leda - I wonder how much that would cost?