Friday, March 2, 2012

The Twins are here!

The twins are here!!!

Wong Twins

The first time my sister gave birth, we were all excited. I even remember that she gave birth the day I arrived from Canada (my first trip then back 2008). They say, the second baby, the excitement is still there, but is much more subdued. However, for this case, we were even more excited for my sister to give birth because this time around, she’s having twin girls!!

They’re such blessings! Both healthy - Grant’s shobe #1 is Gillian, who weights slightly lighter compared to shobe #2, Gail, who weighed around 6+ pounds. And they have the exact same height!

We’re thinking that Grant, being the main attraction for a few years, may get jealous a bit, but they say that you have to make sure that he is always part of the activities so that he won’t feel left out. We’ll see, because when my brother in law showed the video and pictures of Grant’s younger sisters to Grant, he said “I don’t love my shobe!”. Hahaha

On another note, when I was in the hospital, the doctor said that it is very important, and highly encouraged that the mother breastfeed her babies. And the doctor said that she should do it the same time! What?? My sister is freaking out. Texting me last night and telling me with a worried tone that she’ll finally see the twins tomorrow (which is today) and she has to do this whole breastfeeding process. She actually did that before with Grant, but I guess it’s always different with having to do it for two at the same time!

Anyway, I told my mom about it and she said that she thinks my sister is actually scared – scared of the big responsibility that she now has of having to take care of two kids at the same time! Hindi biro. One baby is hard enough, but now two at the same time? Good luck to them!

Nonetheless, we are all very thankful that the twins and mother are safe and healthy. Two new additions to the family! I already bought two dresses for the babies, same style, but different colors. According to them, they didn’t want to dress the twins exactly the same! We don’t know yet if they’re identical. It would be fun though if they were! haha

6 comments:

ledabrigino said...

wow congrats to your sister!!! nakaninong lahi yung twins? sa side nyo ba? do u have a chance of having twins as well!? hehe :)

bev said...

sa kabila yung may lahi. haha

ledabrigino said...

aw dibale sama mo na sha sa bf-requirements list mo hehe!

vyki said...

identical ba bev?? :D nice nice :)

vyki said...

exciting nga, identical twins! sana identical haha :))

bev said...

@Vyx - hindi namin sure kung identical, all babies look alike! haha