Monday, July 2, 2012

Keratin Blowout

I had a terrible, terrible case of bad hair day last Wednesday, that out of frustration, I went straight to Piandre, Trinoma after work to get a nice and long overdue hair treatment. I had, what the stylist have been recommending for me for a while – the Keratin blowout.

Here’s a simple and well explained article about what Keratin Blowout is all about.

I have a slight natural curl/wave to my hair so it’s definitely a challenge to manage it all the time. Unfortunately, I am too lazy to even manage it so it’s always chaotic. Thus, getting this treatment, so far, has really helped my hair be less chaotic and more manageable. No need for a long time of preparation just to get it straight.

What I love so far for the blowout is that my hair still have the hair body that I want, not too straight and flat, which I think won’t work for me. This blowout works really well for my preference, however, the unfortunate thing is that, it only holds up for 6-8 weeks, and costs quite a bit. I’m still hesitant to get the longer keratin treatment which should last for up to 6 months. According to the stylist, the hair will be much straighter, and a little more flat, which I don’t prefer. But who knows, maybe another frustrating hair day will lead me to getting that treatment!

What I learned though from the stylist is that, one should use a sulfate free shampoo after getting a treatment like this. It helps make the treatment last longer in your hair. Perhaps it was a marketing ploy because I ended up buying this shampoo from them!

IMG_0073

2 comments:

vyki said...

wow, sa piandre ka na nagpapagupit? gus2 k din dyan e, kaso mahal daw, and i still have to color my hair so feeling ko super mahal na yun.. bumili nlng ako ng Loreal hot oil treatment from Bench Fix but still d bouncy un hair ko hehehe, kelangan tlga ng effort magblow dry sa umaga if I want it bouncy and soft.. XD

bev said...

Vyx, depende naman sa gagawin mo. Affordable yung haircuts, though yung treatments, doon nga siya medyo mahal. Pero so far happy naman ako dun. And, nakakatamad mag blow dry ah. I don't even know how to properly do it on my own. Baka tumikwas lang lalo! hehe