Thursday, May 30, 2013

Cooking Attempt #2

I picked another recipe from my recipe book to cook this past weekend.

Veal Cutlets with Red Pesto Sauce

I couldn’t find some of the ingredients in the recipe so I had to look for alternatives.

For example, the red pesto sauce required sun dried tomatoes, and all these other fresh herbs. Some of them, I couldn’t find, some only sold by bulk in the market, and I didn’t want to waste all that money buying 1 bunch of veggies, when you only need a teaspoon of it. 

Instead of veal, we used sirloin instead. We got a great deal out of two huge pieces of sirloin steak for only $12. The picture below is just the size of one – I just split it in half as it is huge. Look at that sirloin cooking. Yummy.

20130526 - Sirloin

The red pesto sauce, in my opinion, was the best and unique part of this recipe. It’s a mixture of a lot of ingredients. And since I love Italian stuff, this definitely suited my taste. I loved it. I had so much leftover too that we decided to use it as our spaghetti sauce too! We just added some chickens and more mushroom.

 20130526 - Red Pesto Sauce

I had a few leftover baby potatoes left so I decided to roast them! Unfortunately, I left them in the over a little bit too long, and it got burnt a little.

Nonetheless, not the best looking picture, but I consider this dish a success!

20130526 - Finished Product

4 comments:

Leda said...

congrats! that looks really good! at ang sosyal naman, parang pang hotel! hehe =)

bev said...

Thanks Ate Leds! Objective ko kasi is to really learn how to cook and be comfortable in the kitchen, kaya every weekend, I try to cook something.

Sally Mae said...

nice naman bev!saya magluto diba? :)

bev said...

@Sally - yep! Kapag natututo ka na pala, masnakakatuwa na magluto.