Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Cooking Attempt

Here’s my first attempt to cooking one of the recipes from the cook book Leda gave me last Christmas. I picked the Mustard and Rosemary chicken. It’s quick and easy to cook, with simple ingredients too. Tada, here’s the first attempt:

Food - Chicken with Spinach and Potato

What went wrong

As you can see from the picture, there were a couple of things that went wrong. First, is that I had the proportions all wrong. I cooked too many potatoes, while I cooked a too little of the chicken. I didn’t realize the chicken fillets ended up being small in comparison to the potatoes.

The chicken tasted good, but the potatoes were missing a lot of seasoning. Next time, I’ll try to season it with different types of seasonings (aside from pepper!).

Also, the spinach were a little too big, I think. The recipe actually called for baby spinach, which we couldn’t find so I used the regular spinach instead. It’s still good, but I think I just needed to chop it into smaller sizes.

What went right (or so I think)

The chicken was pretty good. It was just mustard + rosemary + lime juice + garlic but tasted yummy.

I think that’s the only one that was right though. But it’s still a good start. I’ll cook again next week. Will hopefully get the hang of this cooking slowly, but surely.

1 comment:

Leda said...

if u got the main thing right (chicken) then it's not bad at all! good job! at wow, touched naman ako ginamit mo gift ko haha! :)