Thursday, May 5, 2011

grocery shopping

For some reason, I like going to the grocery store. I may not necessarily buy anything, but just browsing around is fun. If I had my own place and I cook my own food, maybe I'll love grocery even more!

There are two major grocery stores on our way home so for the past two days, we've been dropping by there to check things out. First was at London Drugs where I was supposed to buy some toiletries but forgot all about it because we ended up browsing for a gift to give to our landlady during Mother's day. And then the following day, we dropped by Safeway because a friend informed us that you have to check the store every now and then for nice deals - and we've been wanting to buy Kraft Dinners to bring back home (they're almost the same price with the ones they sell in Manila, but if you get a deal here, it's way cheaper). And lo and behold, we did find a deal. Buy one get one free! So we ended up with two boxes each, 2 dozen Kraft dinners in total!


The Chocolate flavored Lucky Charms was a surprise because the last time I ate one of these was way back 2008. I haven't been able to find one again since. It's not available to all grocery stores. I heard it's just available to a very few select stores so when I saw one of the shoppers holding that box, I dashed to the cereal isle and looked for this at once. Thus, I couldn't resist and grabbed myself two to bring back home to Manila! These, however, were not on discount. A bit pricey but what the heck, I want them!

My friend and I were talking and this only means one thing, that we need to send a balikbayan box home because these are too heavy to fit into our luggages. Which may be good for me too because I always bring a lot of items back home and I am usually stressed out packing trying to fit everything in the luggage. Usually, half of the items I bring back home aren't for me anyway! And just coming back from Toronto, I have quite a bit of stuff to bring home for some relatives. So this balikbayan box may not be such a bad idea. Gives me more reason to shop though.

No comments: