Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Niagara Falls

Traveled all the way to Toronto for my annual vacation!

From Mississauga, Ontario, we went to... Niagara Falls!

Went to Niagara Falls last April 24, 2011. It's just around an hour and a half to two hours away (via car) from Mississauga (where my aunt lives in Ontario). It's actually my second time already, but we went there again because my cousin Kat has not been there yet.

And it's still breathtakingly beautiful.



Niagara Falls is actually right by Canada and US border. But if you're standing in Canadian soil, you have the better view. If you're in US soil, you don't have much of a view. You're probably closer to the falls but there's no view!

And then we went to this central district where there are a ton of places to see. Of all things here, I decided to go inside the Guinness Book of World Records.


Unfortunately, for the 13 dollar entrance, it wasn't worth it as much because a lot of the displays I thought were pretty old already. It's not as updated as it should've been. However, at least I was able to size myself up against the tallest man ever! I didn't even reach his waist!


The Niagara Falls area all in all is really really pretty. I'd love to live here. But I was told that the winter could be hard. Just look at the falls and just imagine how cold it would be during the winter season! We, who are used to warm climates might just find it a bit too hard to stay put here. But nonetheless, I would still brave the cold just to see this magnificent piece of natural architecture!

Next stop... Cornwall, Ontario... and then Quebec City, Quebec!

2 comments:

ledabrigino said...

wow, sarap naman ng bakasyon mo! :)

Isaac said...

Missisauga? My brother lives there also. I hope you had a chance to go to the Royal Ontario Museum while you were there.

I do agree that Niagara falls is an amazing sight... http://www.flickr.com/photos/ihrivera/4620822193/in/set-72157623632602168