Saturday, June 26, 2010

New Tool: Synergy

An office mate recently introduced me to a pretty cool new lightweight tool called Synergy. Synergy allows one to be able to share keyboard and mouse over multiple computers.

For example, I have an office laptop and another office desktop computer I use at work. Whenever I'm in the office, it would be nice to be able to switch from one computer to another without having to switch which mouse and keyboard I have to used. And synergy fixes that issue for me!

All we have to do is let one of these computer be setup as a Server, and then the other is the Client attempting to connect to the Server box. Easy. Works well too. I even tried to add another computer to the right of my server computer (which is my laptop) and it worked. That time I had three computers sharing mouse and keyboard altogether.

Not a bad tool. Considering it's even free!

No comments: