Monday, December 13, 2010

Jollibee @ Seattle

For some reason, I've always wanted to try and visit a Jollibee store here in North America. I tried to last May at Las Vegas, but due to time constraints, we couldn't go. And so this time, when I came here, I heard that there was a new Jollibee that opened in Seafood City somewhere in Seattle. Apparently, from what I gathered, there was even a Chowking, Tokyo Tokyo and Red Ribbon beside it. And... when they opened last October or September, the line was so long.

I know we have a ton of these stores back in Manila. But I think it's just different when you're in a foreign land. There's just something about genuine Filipino that makes you want to see it, try it out, and just be plain proud of it.

And so my aunt, together with a couple more relatives went all the way to Seattle, which by they way is around a three hour drive one way to see Jollibee. So almost 6 hours back and forth. And here it is!!

Jollibee!
I love it. I was so excited to see Jollibee. I don't know why. Must be something about how reachable it is now, even if you're so away from the Philippines.

And there's more! Chowking... And Red Ribbon!

Red Ribbon!

Chowking and Tokyo Tokyo

Anyway, we ended up of course eating at Jollibee and mostly the menu is pretty much the same. Except... here it is.... check this menu out! It's a bit blurry though (just used the ipod touch camera for this shot), but you'll notice that they don't have a 1 piece chicken meal, unlike ours where we have a 1 piece chickenjoy meal. Instead... they only have 2-piece and 3 piece!!! chickenjoy meal! As in! Ang tatakaw talaga ng mga tao dito.


Big drinks too, different presentation...

They do have rice, but you'd have to request it. By default, the meals come with mashed potatoes instead of rice.

My 2 piece chicken joy meal

Of course, what Jollibee will be complete without Jollibee himself?


So all in all... this was really a fun trip. I can't get over how many Filipinos there are here, and that Jollibee is really an institution by itself. Even in North America, hinahanap hanap pa din natin siya. When we were parking, I already saw a couple of Filipinos holding Jollibee take outs! And in the store itself, what's also interesting is that you see non Filipinos (only a few when we were there earlier) trying it out too! Makes you really proud that this is a true blue Filipino product.

I don't really eat much Jollibee back in Manila (I like KFC better). But I was really just excited to go eat here this time around. And it was definitely worth the trip. In fact, nag take out pa ako ng cheeseburger, not for me though, for my coworker here.

5 comments:

ledabrigino said...

ako naman, chickenjoy forever (jollibee over kfc! mwehehe). astig talaga, no 1pc chicken... just 2 or 3! and the rice, huge CUP of rice a! :)

ganda nga to see foreigners eating in jollibee ano? (looking at your pics). yeah, filipino pride I guess. hehe!

ledabrigino said...

oh do they have the lines 'langhap sarap' din ba and other famous jollibee lines? hehe!

bev said...

@leda - parang wala akong napansin na ganoong lines. I doubt though. kasi kailangan maging applicable to the locals din (americans and english speaking folks)

Elaine said...

may burgersteak din ba sila?=)

bev said...

@elaine - you know what, I didn't notice that. Could be meron, I just didn't bother looking for it. My focus was on the chickenjoy. hehe